Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let Him Work

I'm going to tell you a little bit about what happened to me a couple of weeks ago, so to start off I am going to Oklahoma Baptist and this fall I will be a transfer junior. I had previously signed up for an apartment, but to my dismay I was assigned to a dorm (the one I wanted the least). For weeks, all I could think about was how crappy it would be if I got in that dorm and how I would not have my own kitchen, I would be stuck in a nasty community bathroom, I would have to buy extra dorm equipment (that I didn't have the money for) -all negative things, mind you.

For weeks my attitude was extremely negative and on top of the rooming situation, everything else seemed to be going wrong as well. My family and I didn't get on, I would get upset at small things. Everything was going terribly wrong.

One night, I was in my bed, thinking about what I was going to do. And I finally resigned myself to my fate in the dorms. I said, "Lord, if the dorm is where you want me, fine. I will go to a dorm. If you can be more glorified with me in Kerr then I will go."

A lot of you are probably thinking, "eh, a dorm isn't that bad."
And you are probably right. That was just the last place I wanted to be and I was stubborn and I wanted things to go my way; however, God helped me realize that it had nothing to do with me, but it had everything to do with Him. But anyways, I finally gave it over to Him and He took it completely. For the rest of the night, I didn't worry about it.

The next morning, I was out and about taking photos of my sisters and one of their boyfriends, when I got a call from OBU. They said that they had an apartment available for me to move into. I was extremely excited and couldn't believe that I had finally gotten in!

What amazed me most was the fact that God was saying, "Hey, I've been hoping that you would give it over to Me so I can bless you. For you to trust me enough, and know that I have an amazing plan for you, whether it's in an apartment or a dorm. Because, either way, I will be glorified."

I was completely humbled in that moment, thinking that all this time I could have just given it over to Him and it would have caused me less stress.

Keep in mind, I am NOT saying that if you give a certain situation over to God, He will do what you want Him to. I am NOT saying that AT ALL!!!! He will do whatever makes Him most glorified. I will give you a little piece of advice that I have learned over the years: 'Do not ask God a question [or give a situation over to Him], if you are not prepared for two completely different answers.'

And know that in those completely different answers that God will be glorified and that He will choose the one that glorifies Him the most. It doesn't matter about our comfort, our desires, our wants, our dreams; the only thing that matters is the glorification of Christ and Christ alone, not ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Uhm awesome! I'm glad that you were able to accept the dorm and that God blessed you with an apartment!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete